Wednesday 27 August 2014

"Waiting on" Wednesday: I Was Here - Gayle Forman

Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine 

Synopsis from Goodreads
When her best friend Meg drinks a bottle of industrial-strength cleaner alone in a motel room, Cody is understandably shocked and devastated. She and Meg shared everything—so how was there no warning? But when Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up the belongings left behind, she discovers that there’s a lot that Meg never told her. About her old roommates, the sort of people Cody never would have met in her dead-end small town in Washington. About Ben McAllister, the boy with a guitar and a sneer, who broke Meg’s heart. And about an encrypted computer file that Cody can’t open—until she does, and suddenly everything Cody thought she knew about her best friend’s death gets thrown into question.

So this looks like it's going to be absolutely heartbreaking, but at the same time I get the feeling it's going to be one of those amazing books that will make me question all sorts of things. I'm super pumped for this book mainly because I haven't ever really read anything that sounds similar, and I'm all for branching out. Totally hoping this doesn't disappoint! 

Also, I've never read anything by Gayle Forman, so hopefully she's as amazing a writer as the synopsis makes me feel she probably is. 


9 comments:

  1. Siiigh--it looks so amazing, doesn't it! I'm shocked you've never read any Gayle Forman before! You're in for such a treat! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and yet such a long wait! I should probably start reading some of her books, I've heard so many good things and I don't know why I never have. Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. I just saw the movie for If I Stay and cried like a baby. I'm now waiting for the books to arrive to see if I do the same with them. If so, this one may be the next added to my To-Read list! Thanks for sharing!!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fact I know If I Stay will make me cry is why I haven't read it yet! I love/hate it when books make me cry, because it's normally a sign of a good book but it's such an emotional roller-coaster. I hope you enjoy them! Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete
  3. YES! Anything Gayle Forman bring it on!!!! Great pick this week! And thanks for reminding me that I need to feature this as a WOW for myself. Tried to follow you like 3 times, but google was having issues. :(

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so going to have to read her books now! These comments are making me too excited not to. Haha, you're most welcome - the release is such a long way away (too long) that you'll have plenty of time! That's odd, I'll check my links to make sure they aren't acting up. Thank you for trying! :) Also, thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. I have got to read one of her books! I feel like I am the last person on Earth to not read her books lol! Great pick =)
    New follower =)
    Here's my WoW http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I feel like I'm missing out. That makes both of us! :D Thank you so much for following and for commenting! :)

      Delete
  5. I can't wait for this book (even though I haven't read her last duo!) Great pick! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete