Thursday 29 January 2015

January updates and clear-up

Haven't had time to breath this month, but here's a little update on what's what.

Read: 
This month I only managed to read two books, because I've been a busy-bee with exams etc.

But I read Atlantia by Ally Condie and How Late It Was, How Late by James Kelman. I don't normally put non-YA books on here to review, but I'm constantly reading them.



























Currently reading:

 Taking me a while to get through this one, but I am thoroughly enjoying it!
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi










 Scrap that, this is the one that's taking me a while. I'm on The Two Towers at the moment, page 548. I really am enjoying it but it's going to take me an age to read, especially as I read other things as well.
The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien







I'm reading this for my course, but quite like it as well. I don't normally read war literature, I didn't much like Birdsong but something about this is strangely captivating. It's very blunt, and graphic at times though.
The Ghost Road by Pat Barker










To read: 



I got the graphic novel edition of the novel for Christmas, which came as a surprise. But a good one none the less, the pictures look so beautiful! I've never read a graphic novel before, but I'm excited to try this one!









For Abandon, I picked it up on a whim but I'm hoping to enjoy it. Thank god there was a choice of front cover, because I really didn't like the other edition of the book for some reason, but I found this one really pretty.  











And here's to many more books. Luckily for me I've created a little £2 'book fund' so I can pick up some more when I'm done with this lot. Blackwells have a nice little 3 for 2 deal on as well which is tempting me.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment