Monday 5 January 2015

My year in books - 2014!

Okay, so I'm only 5 days late with this, but happy new year everyone! And what a year, I finally plucked up the courage to open this blog and I've read a lot of interesting books. Bonus.

I read quite the myriad of things last year, so my aim for this year is to read more of the books I've been wanting to read for years. Like the first Harry Potter, which I finally read (especially because of the gorgeous new cover)! I wasn't disappointed, though I'm still admittedly years behind everyone else. I also started The Lord of the Rings and I'm on The Two Towers at the moment - I love the movies so much that I knew I had to read the book. I also watched The Hobbit, which takes the spot of best film of year despite crushing my heart into tiny pieces. 

My favourite book of the year... well it's hard to choose just one, but If You Find Me was a beautiful book which really moved me, so I'm going to go with that. My favourite series has to be The Chaos Walking trilogy, despite Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children coming a close second. 

Out of the not YA books I've been reading I'm going to go with The Monk because despite being a course book, and being super twisted, it kept my attention.  

Right now I'm reading Atlantia and quite enjoying it, I must say! The concept it just beautiful. 

More books to come in 2015 (hopefully a lot more), including Shatter Me and The Graveyard Book amongst others. 

2014 was a great one for all things bookish, but here's to an even better 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment